Everything Bread is a favorite from our Baker's Collection.
Yield: 1 round loaf
- ¾ cup(s), plus 3 TBSP Water
- 2 tsp Vegetable Oil
- 1+1/2 tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black pepper
- 2 tsp Dried minced garlic
- 1 TBSP, plus 1+1/2 tsp Dried minced onion
- 1 TBSP, plus 1+1/2 tsp Poppy seeds
- 1 TBSP, plus 1+1/2 tsp Sesame seeds
- 2 tsp Caraway seeds
- ½ cup Oatmeal
- 2+1/4 cups Bread Flour
- 1+1/2 tsp Active Dry Yeast
- 1+1/2 cup(s), plus 1 TBSP Water
- 1 TBSP Vegetable Oil
- 2 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black pepper
- 1 TBSP Dried minced garlic
- 2 TBSP Dried minced onion
- 2 TBSP Poppy seeds
- 2 TBSP Sesame seeds
- 1 TBSP Caraway seeds
- 1 cup Oatmeal
- 3 cups Bread Flour
- 2+1/4 tsp Active Dry Yeast
- 1+1/2 cup(s), plus 3 TBSP Water
- 1 TBSP, plus 2 tsp Vegetable Oil
- 2+1/2 tsp Salt
- ¾ tsp Black pepper
- 1 TBSP, plus 2 tsp Dried minced garlic
- 2 TBSP, plus 1+1/2 tsp Dried minced onion
- 2 TBSP, plus 1+1/2 tsp Poppy seeds
- 2 TBSP, plus 1+1/2 tsp Sesame seeds
- 1 TBSP, plus 2 tsp Caraway seeds
- 1+1/2 cups Oatmeal
- 4 cups Bread Flour
- 1 TBSP Active Dry Yeast
- ¾ tsp Kosher salt
- ¾ tsp Poppy seeds
- Pinch Black pepper
- ½ tsp Caraway seeds
- ½ tsp Dried minced garlic
- ¾ tsp Sesame seeds
- ¾ tsp Dried minced onion
BREAD MACHINE METHOD
- Have liquid ingredients at 80°F and all other ingredients at room temperature. Place ingredients in pan in the order specified in your owner’s manual. Select basic cycle and medium/normal crust. When machine begins bake cycle, brush top of bread with 1+1/2 teaspoons water combined with ⅛ teaspoon cornstarch. Sprinkle with topping. Do not use delay timer. Check dough consistency after 5 minutes of kneading. The dough should be in a soft, tacky ball. If it is dry and stiff, add water, ½ to 1 TBSP at a time. If it is too wet and sticky, add 1 TBSP of flour at a time. See our Bread Machine section for more helpful tips and information.
- Using ingredient amounts listed for medium loaf, combine yeast, 1 cup flour, and other dry ingredients. Combine liquids and heat to 120°-130°F.
- Hand-Held Mixer Method: Combine dry mixture and liquid ingredients in mixing bowl on low speed. Beat 2 to 3 minutes on medium speed. By hand, stir in enough remaining flour to make a firm dough. Knead on floured surface 5 to 7 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Use additional flour if necessary.
- Stand Mixer Method: Combine dry mixture and liquid ingredients in mixing bowl with paddle or beaters for 4 minutes on medium speed. Gradually add remaining flour and knead with dough hook(s) 5 to 7 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Food Processor Method: Put dry mixture in processing bowl with steel blade. While motor is running, add liquid ingredients. Process until mixed. Continue processing, adding remaining flour until dough forms a ball.
RISING, SHAPING AND BAKING
- Place dough in lightly oiled bowl and turn to grease top. Cover; let rise until dough tests ripe. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface; punch down to remove air bubbles. Shape dough into a round loaf. Place on greased cookie sheet. Cover; let rise until indentation remains after touching. Combine 1+1/2 teaspoons water and ⅛ teaspoon cornstarch; brush on top. Sprinkle with topping. Bake in preheated 375°F oven 30 to 40 minutes or until tested done. Remove from cookie sheet; cool.
- You can substitute Instant (fast-rising) yeast for Active Dry Yeast. Traditional methods- replace 1:1. Expect your dough to rise faster; always let your dough rise until ‘ripe’. Bread Machines- use ½ tsp Instant yeast (or ¾ tsp Active Dry yeast) per cup of flour in your recipe. Visit our Lessons in Yeast & Baking for more information.
- Image credit: Fake Ginger.