White Chocolate Caramel Gingerbread Brioche Rolls
Tender, buttery gingerbread brioche rolls stuffed with gooey white chocolate and caramel!
Yield: 12 rolls
For the rolls:
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 package (2¼ tsp, ¼oz, 7g) RED STAR Platinum Superior Baking Yeast
- 2 tsp ginger
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cloves
- ½ cup water, warm from tap (120-130°F)
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup molasses
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- White chocolate chips
- Caramel bits
For the egg wash and topping:
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp water
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp cloves
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine 2 cups flour, salt, yeast, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Add water, butter, molasses, and eggs. Mix while adding remaining 1½ cups flour just until dough forms.
- Switch out paddle attachment for dough hook and knead for 5 minutes or until dough is soft and smooth.
- Shape dough into a ball and place in a large greased bowl. Cover with a towel or plastic wrap and place in a warm location to rise until doubled in size, about 1-1½ hours.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide dough into 12 equal pieces and shape into a ball. Press an indentation into each ball and place 5-6 pieces of both white chocolate chips and caramel bits. Roll dough around candy and pinch bottom of dough together to make sure candy doesn't melt out during baking.
- Cover with a towel or plastic wrap and place in a warm location until doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Whisk together egg and water. Gently brush over rolls. Stir together sugar and spices. Sprinkle over egg wash.
- Bake rolls for 20-25 minutes, until edges of rolls just start to turn golden.
- Serve warm.
- Recipe created by A Kitchen Addiction.