Vegan Whole Wheat Bread
A vegan whole wheat bread recipe that is easy, quick, and results in the FLUFFIEST wheat bread! This bread is hearty and fluffy, the BEST.
Yield: 1 loaf
- ¾ cup almond milk (warmed to 110-115°F - warm, but not too hot to touch)
- ¾ cup warm water (warm, but not too hot to touch)
- 1 package (2¼ tsp, ¼oz, 7g) RED STAR Platinum Superior Baking Yeast
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp ground flax seed
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the warm water and almond milk. Sprinkle the package of yeast over the top and let the mixture sit for 5 minutes to activate the yeast.
- Mix in the maple syrup, ground flax seed, salt, flours, and olive oil. Mix until no flour streaks remain and the dough starts to come together.
- Transfer the dough to a large bowl sprayed with non-stick spray or lightly oiled with olive oil (this prevents your dough from sticking to the bowl and coming apart).
- Cover the bowl with a dish towel and allow to rise for an hour.
- Lightly grease a loaf pan and transfer dough to the loaf pan. Allow to rise for another hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until loaf is golden brown on top.
- Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before cutting.
- Recipe created for Red Star Yeast by Heart of a Baker.