Platinum Instant Sourdough Tomato Focaccia
With a chewy interior and an addictive caramelized crust adorned with fresh grape tomatoes, this rosemary-scented focaccia has all the tangy comfort of sourdough but without the hassle, thanks to Platinum Instant Sourdough Yeast.
Yield: One 16x12-inch focaccia
- 4 cups (500 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 (0.63-ounce) package (18 grams) Platinum Instant Sourdough Yeast
- 2 teaspoons (6 grams) kosher salt
- 1½ cups (360 grams) warm water (120°F/49°C to 130°F/54°C)
- 5 tablespoons (70 grams) olive oil, divided
- 1½ cups (250 grams) grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon (2 grams) chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 clove garlic (5 grams), minced
- 2 teaspoons (6 grams) flaked sea salt
- Step 1: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, stir together flour, Platinum Instant Sourdough Yeast, and kosher salt by hand. Add 1½ cups (360 grams) warm water and 2 tablespoons (28 grams) oil, and beat at medium speed for 5 minutes.
- Step 2: Lightly oil a large bowl. Place dough in bowl, turning to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm, draft-free place (75°F/24°C) until doubled in size, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Step 3: Grease a rimmed half-sheet baking pan with 2 tablespoons (28 grams) oil. Turn out dough onto prepared baking sheet. With oiled fingers, gently press dough into a 10-inch circle. Loosely cover with plastic wrap, and let rest in a warm, draft-free place (75°F/24°C) for 30 minutes.
- Step 4: With oiled fingers, press dough into a 14x11-inch oval. Loosely cover with plastic wrap, and let rise in a warm, draft-free place (75°F/24°C) until puffed, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Step 5: Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Step 6: Gently press dimples into surface of dough. Drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon (14 grams) oil. Top with tomatoes, rosemary, and garlic. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Step 7: Bake until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool on pan for 10 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.