Lemon Roll Wreath with Gorgonzola Dip (+ video)
Fluffy lemon yeast rolls shaped in a wreath with a hot Gorgonzola cheese dip - all baked together for a quick and easy appetizer.
Yield: 12 rolls / 6 servings
For the rolls:
- 1 package (2¼ tsp, ¼oz, 7g) RED STAR Platinum Superior Baking Yeast
- ½ Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup warm milk
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
For the Gorgonzola dip:
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- 2⅜ ounces Gorgonzola cheese
- 1½ ounces shredded white cheddar
For the topping:
- ½ Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley, chopped finely, to taste, for garnish
- Make the rolls: Place yeast and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Mix melted butter and milk in a small bowl. The mixture should feel warm to the touch, but not too hot to touch (110-115°F). Pour over yeast/sugar and stir to combine. Mix in salt and egg. Mix in flour a little bit at a time until the dough comes together. If the dough still feels very sticky, you can add a little bit extra flour.
Turn out onto a floured board and knead for five minutes.
- Divide dough into 12 pieces. Roll each piece into a small log, sprinkle the log with poppy seeds, and tie into a knot. Place knots in a circle around the perimeter of a 9½-inch oven-safe skillet. Cover and set aside while you make the dip (the rolls need to rest for ten minutes before baking).
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Make the Gorgonzola Dip: Mix sour cream and Gorgonzola cheese in a small bowl. Mix in white cheddar until fully combined.
- Pour dip into the center of the skillet with the dough knots.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the rolls are lightly browned on top.
- Make the topping: In a small bowl, mix lemon juice and melted butter. Brush lemon butter over the tops of the rolls.
- Distribute lemon zest and Parmesan evenly over the rolls.
- Sprinkle parsley over the dip.
- Serve immediately.
- Recipe created by Cupcake Project.