Homemade Fluffy White Bread (+ video)
You just can't beat classic white bread - perfect for sandwiches, toast, and French toast.
Yield: 1 loaf
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 package (1/4-oz, 7g) or 2¼ tsp Platinum Yeast
- 1 cup very warm tap water (120-130˚F, not too hot to touch)
- 2 Tbsp canola or vegetable oil
- In mixing bowl, combine 1 cup flour, salt, sugar and yeast. Stir to combine; set aside.
- Add warm water and oil to dry mixture; mix with dough whisk or wooden spoon until blended.
- Gradually stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Turn out onto lightly floured surface; knead for about 5 to 7 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Use additional flour if necessary.
- Place dough in lightly oiled bowl and turn to grease top. Cover; let rise until dough has doubled in size, about 45-60 minutes.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface; punch down to remove air bubbles. Roll or pat into a 14x7-inch rectangle. Start with shorter side, roll up tightly, pressing dough into roll. Pinch edges and ends to seal. Place in greased 9x5-inch loaf pan. Cover; let rise until indentation remains after touching, about 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until crust is a golden brown. Remove from pan; cool on wire rack before slicing.