Gluten Free Lemon Bundt Cake
This delicious yeasted cake is tender and moist. It makes the perfect breakfast, snack or sweet dessert. Decorate with colorful berries or a dollop of whipped cream.
Yield: 1 bundt cake
For the cake:
- ¾ cup butter
- 1¼ cups milk, divided
- 1 package (2¼ tsp, ¼oz, 7g) RED STAR Quick·Rise Yeast
- 1¾ cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Grease standard size bundt cake pan.
- In microwave-safe bowl heat butter until completely melted. Stir in ½ cup milk (should be 110-115°F). Whisk in yeast.
- In a large mixing bowl, add sugar and butter mixture; beat until light and fluffy. Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing after each egg is added. Add in lemon juice.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, xanthan gum, and salt.
- Add remaining milk (at room temperature) and flour mixture (one cup at a time) to mixing bowl. Mix until just combined. Pour cake batter into prepared bundt pan.
- Cover and place in warm area to rise, about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Uncover and bake for 45-60 minutes, until golden brown and toothpick come out clean when inserted into cake.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes in pan. Invert pan on cooling rack to remove cake from pan. Let cool for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, whisk together powdered sugar, salt, milk and lemon juice. Add more/less milk to achieve desired thickness. Once cake is cooled, top with glaze.
- Recipe by Jenna Edmiston.