Gluten Free Grilled Flatbread
This grilled gluten free flatbread is simple and makes the perfect base for any summer toppings.
Yield: 4 flatbreads
For the dough:
- 1½ tsp RED STAR Quick·Rise Yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110-115°F)
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten free flour
- ¼ cup corn starch
- ½ tsp xanthan gum
- ½ tsp salt
For the topping:
- Olive oil
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Mozzarella cheese
- Heirloom tomatoes
- Fresh Basil
- Pesto or marinara sauce
- In a large bowl whisk together yeast, water and pinch of sugar. Let sit 5 minutes, or until foamy.
- Add in olive oil, flour, cornstarch, xanthan gum and salt.
- Stir with wooden spoon until a small ball forms. Cover and set in a warm area for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat (about 400°F).
- Divide dough into 4 equal pieces. Using two sheets of parchment paper place one piece of dough between them and roll out to thin round disk, about ½-inch thick.
- Brush both sides with olive oil and place on grill. Cook about 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove from grill and sprinkle with ¼ tsp Italian seasoning. Top with desired toppings and place back on grill for about 3 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- Recipe by Jenna Edmiston.