Fluffy No Knead Refrigerator Rolls
The fluffiest dinner rolls comes from the easiest no-knead dough.
Yield: 16 rolls
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 packages (4½ teaspoons) RED STAR Platinum Yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110-115°F)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 cups sifted flour
- Dissolve shortening, salt and sugar in 1 cup of boiling water in a large mixing bowl. Mix and let cool to 110-120°F (shortening does not need to completely melt).
- Dissolve yeast in 1 cup of warm water. Add to the cooled shortening mixture along with the eggs. Whisk thoroughly to combine. Stir in the flour until well combined.
- Top the bowl with lightly greased foil and place in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours or up to 48 hours.
- When ready to bake, remove dough from the refrigerator. Gently turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 16 equal pieces. For each piece, tuck the edges under until the top of the dough is taut, like a bubble of bubble gum. Then place the roll on the floured surface, "bubble" side up, and roll it between your hands in a clockwise motion to tighten up the roll. Repeat with each dough piece.
- Place rolls in 2-3 greased cake pans or 1 greased 13x9-inch pan. Cover lightly and let rise for one hour.
- While rolls rise, preheat oven to 425°F . Bake rolls for 20-25 minutes, until deeply golden on top.
- Recipe created by Stephie Cooks.