Easy Sheet Pan Pizza (+ video)
This pizza dough comes together in minutes and doesn’t need a mixer to achieve success. You can easily double this recipe if you would like to make two sheet pan pizzas.
Yield: 1 pizza
- 1 package (2¼ tsp, ¼oz, 7g) RED STAR Platinum Superior Baking Yeast
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 cups bread flour
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Topping ideas:
- Chopped brussels sprouts & Parmesan cheese
- Sauteed onions & peppers
- Mushrooms & goats cheese
- Feta, olives & oregano
- Kale & Parmesan cheese (pictured)
- Make the dough:
- Combine yeast, water and sugar in a medium mixing bowl. Allow yeast to proof for five minutes.
- Add 1 cup flour. Mix with wooden spoon or dough whisk.
- Add olive oil, salt and remaining flour. Mix until dough pulls from the sides of the bowl.
- Dust flour onto your hands and knead dough (in bowl or on lightly floured counter top) for two minutes until smooth.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and allow dough to sit in warm spot until doubled in size, about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Lightly flour a sheet pan (10x14-inch) and your hands. Punch down dough and place on prepared sheet pan. Stretch out dough until it completely covers pan, leaving a bit of a crust around the edges.
- Ladle sauce on dough, spreading evenly over top of dough. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and toppings of choice.
- Bake for twenty minutes until crust and cheese are golden brown.
- In partnership with Joy of Kosher.