Crispy Yeast Waffles
You will like the difference yeast makes in waffles; they are absolutely delicious! Make them ahead and then experience the convenience of having the batter prepared and ready for the waffle iron just before you are ready to serve.
Yield: 6-8 waffles
- 1¾ cups milk
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 TBSP sugar
- 2⅔ cup all purpose flour
- 1 package (2¼ tsp, ¼oz, 7g) RED STAR Active Dry Yeast
- Bread Machine Method:
- Have all ingredients at room temperature and place in pan in the order listed. Select the dough/manual cycle. Do not use the delay timer. Do not close the lid. This is a batter so you will have to use a rubber spatula to help the dry ingredients mix completely with the wet. When the machine has completed the first kneading, stop the machine. Pour the batter into a bowl; cover and refrigerate batter several hours or overnight. Continue with Baking step below.
- Hand-held and Stand Mixer Method:
- Combine flour, yeast, sugar and salt in mixing bowl. Combine milk, water, and oil; heat to 120° to 130°F. Add liquid ingredients to dry mixture; blend on low speed. Add eggs. Beat 2 to 3 minutes on medium speed. Cover bowl; refrigerate batter several hours or overnight. Continue with Baking step below.
- Food Processor Method:
- Have all ingredients at room temperature. Place dry ingredients in processing bowl with steel blade. Process briefly to blend. While motor is running, add oil, eggs, water, and milk. Process just until mixed. Pour batter into a bowl; cover and refrigerate batter several hours or overnight. Continue with Baking step below.
- When ready to serve, stir down batter. Bake on waffle iron using medium/high heat. Serve hot with butter and syrup, or your favorite toppings.