Coconut Cream Pie Sweet Rolls
Coconut Cream Pie Sweet Rolls are an amazing breakfast treat. Serve these fluffy and delicious sweet rolls for a holiday brunch, or bake and share with your friends and neighbors.
Yield: 9-14 rolls
For the dough:
- 1⅓ cups warm water, about 100°F
- 1 package (2¼ tsp, 7g) Platinum Yeast by Red Star (2¼ teaspoons)
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
For the filling:
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 1 egg
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Add warm water to a large mixing bowl. Add yeast and sugar, stir to mix. Set aside for 5 to 10 minutes or until yeast starts to bubble.
- Add egg and melted butter and combine.
- Add 2 cups of flour and kosher salt. Mix well.
- Add more flour as needed, ¼ cup at a time until dough forms a ball and pulls away from sides of the bowl.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface and knead for 3-5 minutes until dough is no longer sticky. You can also do this in a stand mixer with a dough hook.
- Place dough in a greased bowl and cover with clean tea towel or plastic wrap.
- Set in a warm place and allow dough to rise about an hour, or until doubled in size.
- Mix filling together: Add cream cheese, egg, sugar, vanilla and flour until smooth. Add coconut and mix thoroughly.
- Punch down dough and turn out onto a clean counter or mat. Roll into about 12x14-inch rectangle.
- Spread filling evenly over dough.
- From the long side, carefully roll as tightly as possible. Pinching edges to seal.
- Using a sharp serrated knife (or dental floss), slice into 1 to 1½ inch slices.
- Spray two 10-inch pie plates with non-stick cooking spray.
- Carefully place rolls into pie plates and set aside to rise 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Bake rolls for 25 minutes or until golden brown and center rolls are cooked through.
- Serve immediately or at room temperature.
- Recipe created in partnership with Miss in the Kitchen.
Store leftover rolls covered in the refrigerator up to 3 days. Bring to room temperature before serving.