Buttermilk Ricotta Skillet Rolls
Soft and fluffy rolls with a slight tangy flavor. Perfect for any family dinner!
Yield: 12 rolls
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 package (2¼ tsp, ¼oz, 7g) RED STAR Platinum Superior Baking Yeast
- 2 Tbsp melted butter, for brushing over baked rolls
- Add butter and buttermilk in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Whisk in ricotta cheese. Continue to heat in microwave until mixture is 120-130°F.
- Add mixture to a stand mixer bowl. Add flour, sugar, salt and yeast. Mix together with a paddle attachment on low until combined. Use dough hook to knead at medium speed about 2 minutes or until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl and forms a ball.
- Place in a well-oiled bowl and cover with a damp flour sack towel or plastic wrap. Set aside in a warm place to rise until doubled, about an hour.
- Punch down dough and roll out onto a lightly floured surface. Using a 2-inch biscuit cutter, cut dough into rolls and place in a well-oiled 10-inch cast iron skillet. Cover and allow to rise about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Bake at 350°F for 23-25 minutes or until rolls are browned.
- Brush with melted butter and serve immediately.
- Recipe created by Miss in the Kitchen.