Buttermilk Ranch Dinner Rolls
A light and delicious homemade roll recipe packed with tangy flavors. They make a great addition to both every day and holiday meals.
Yield: 16 rolls
- 1 cup buttermilk, warmed to 110-115°F
- 1 package (2¼ tsp, ¼oz, 7g) RED STAR Platinum Superior Baking Yeast
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp melted butter, cooled to 110-115°F, plus more for brushing over baked rolls if desired
- 1 large egg
- 2½ - 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp dry Ranch Dressing Seasoning
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Add buttermilk, yeast, sugar and melted butter into a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine and set aside for about 5 minutes or until yeast starts to bubble.
- Add egg and mix to combine.
- Add 2 cups of flour, ranch dressing seasoning and salt. Stir until combined. Add flour ½
- cup at a time until dough forms a ball and pulls away from bowl.
- Pour onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 3-5 minutes, adding remaining flour as needed.
- Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl, turn dough to grease all sides. Cover with a tea towel or plastic wrap and set in a warm place for an hour or until dough has doubled in size.
- Punch dough down to remove air bubbles. Divide into 16 equal pieces and shape into balls.
- Place in a greased baking pan about one inch apart. Cover and let rise in warm place for about 30-60 minutes, or until indent remains after lightly touching rolls with fingertip.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Brush with melted butter if desired.
- Recipe created by Miss in the Kitchen.