Apple Cranberry Dinner Rolls
The savory-sweet combo of these rolls is the perfect addition to your traditional holiday table.
Yield: 12 rolls
- 1 cup warm milk (110-115°F)
- One package (2¼ tsp, ¼oz, 7g) RED STAR Platinum Superior Baking Yeast
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- ¾ tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 3 cups bread flour
- ¼ cup craisins
- ½ cup apple, peeled and finely chopped
- Melted butter for brushing on baked rolls
- In large mixing bowl whisk together warm milk, yeast and sugar. Set aside for five minutes.
- Once yeast is proofed, add in salt, butter and egg. Add one cup of flour, stirring lightly. Fold in craisins and apple. Stir in 1½ cups flour.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and begin kneading dough, adding up to an additional ½ cup flour as needed. Knead dough for 5-10 minutes until smooth, round ball forms.
- In a well greased bowl place dough and let sit in warm area to rise for 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide out into 12 equal balls. Place in greased 9-inch round baking pan. Let rise in warm area for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Bake rolls for 12-15 minutes, until lightly golden brown. Remove from oven and set on wire rack. Brush rolls with warm butter. Serve warm.
- Recipe by Jenna Edmiston.