How to use Red Star® Platinum
Platinum is so simple to use. It can be used in any recipe calling for yeast.
For Traditional Recipes
- BLEND Platinum Yeast with dry ingredients and half of the flour in the recipe.
- ADD very warm liquids (120- 130°F). Avoid liquids that are too hot to touch.
- BLEND with enough remaining flour to make a firm dough.
- KNEAD on floured surface until dough is smooth and elastic.
- COVER, let REST a minimum of 10 minutes (or RISE to double, if desired)
- SHAPE dough as desired. COVER and let RISE until doubled in size.
- BAKE as directed according to recipe.
For Bread Machines
- Use liquids at 80°F; Add liquids, flour, dry ingredients. Add Platinum yeast last.
- Red Star Platinum Superior Baking Yeast is a fast-rising, instant yeast; use ½ teaspoon per cup of flour in regular cycles.
- For express cycles, follow manufacturer’s manual for liquid temperatures and yeast levels.
Like any baker’s yeast, Red Star Platinum Superior Baking Yeast is a living organism and must be handled properly to ensure optimum performance. Never expose yeast to high temperatures during storage or use. Never use liquids that are too hot to touch.
More information on storage of yeast.
Red Star Platinum performs best in recipes that contain sugar.