Information for Students
So, you’ve been assigned by your teacher to do a science project and you’re looking for some ideas?
Come Explore the Science of Yeast!
Lesaffre Yeast Corporation is proud to offer you everything you need to prepare an award-winning science project on the topic of yeast.
- What yeast is in “What is Yeast?“
- How people in ancient cultures used yeast in “The Story of Yeast“
- What the difference is between baker’s yeast and brewer’s yeast in “Types of Yeast“
- How yeast is produced in “The Manufacturing of Yeast“
- IT’S ALIVE! Try the “Yeast Growth #2 Experiment“!
- What a “yeast bud” looks like in the “Yeast Library“
… and many other fun facts about yeast!
Of course, a science project wouldn’t be complete without an experiment, so be sure to try one of our Yeast Experiments! Have fun discovering everything from how sugar affects the growth of yeast to what happens when you mix flour, sugar, water and yeast together!
And make sure to visit our yeast cartoon collection in the “Yeast Library”!
Lesaffre Yeast Corporation hopes you enjoy discovering “The Science of Yeast”! Best of luck on your science project!