White Cheddar Potato Dinner Rolls
White Cheddar Potato Rolls are a delicious dinner roll that is perfect for holidays and special get-togethers. Topped with tangy white cheddar cheese before baking to create a crunchy crust with a light and fluffy center.
Yield: 32 rolls
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup warm mashed potatoes
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup warm tap water
- 2 packages (1½ Tbsp, ½oz, 14g) RED STAR Platinum Superior Baking Yeast
- 5-6 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 cups shredded white cheddar cheese
- Add milk and butter to a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in mashed potatoes and honey. Set aside.
- Add yeast to warm water and stir together. Set aside.
- Add potato mixture into mixer bowl with the dough hook. Add 2 cups of flour and mix until combined. Add eggs, mixing until incorporated. Add yeast mixture and mix together.
- Add 2 more cups of flour and salt and continue to mix until dough comes together. Add enough of the remaining flour, ½ cup at a time, until dough starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl.
- Pour into a greased bowl, cover and allow to rise 1 hour.
- Punch down dough. Turn dough out onto a flat surface, kneading out any air bubbles.
- Divide dough in half, using additional flour if dough is too wet/sticky. Divide each half into 16 pieces. Using the palm of your hand, roll each piece on coutertop to form a smooth, round roll.
- Place in greased baking pans about 1 inch apart. Sprinkle with shredded cheese, pressing lightly to hold it in place. Cover and let rise until indentation remains after lightly touching roll with finger.
- While rolls are rising, preheat oven to 375°F
- Bake rolls for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven to a wire rack. Serve immediately or at room temperature.
- Recipe created by Miss in the Kitchen.