Gluten Free Pumpkin Yeast Pancakes
These pancakes are light, fluffy and have the perfect taste of autumn. They are the perfect way to start any fall morning.
Yield: about 12 pancakes
For the pancake batter:
- 1 cup milk, warm (110-115°F)
- 1 package (2¼ tsp, ¼oz, 7g) RED STAR Active Dry Yeast
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup pumpkin
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
For the cinnamon glaze:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp milk
- In mixing bowl, whisk together warm milk and yeast. Let set for 5 minutes.
- Whisk in eggs, pumpkin, oil and brown sugar.
- Mix in flour, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- Once just incorporated, cover and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Heat griddle or non-stick pan to medium-high heat. Spray will cooking spray or bit of canola oil.
- Drop about ¼ cup batter on to hot pan and let cook until small bubbles form on surface.
- Flip and let cook for another 1-2 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Whisk together glaze ingredients, adding more/less milk to achieve desired consistency.
- Drizzle glaze over warm pancakes and serve immediately.
- Recipe by Jenna Edmiston.