Sweet Potato Cloverleaf Rolls
These Easy Sweet Potato Cloverleaf Rolls are perfectly light and fluffy while being lightly sweetened from mashed sweet potatoes and honey!
Yield: 18 rolls
- 4½ -5 cups bread flour
- 2¼ tsp (one package, ¼ oz) RED STAR Platinum Yeast
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 cup milk, warmed to 120-130°F
- ¼ cup water, warmed to 120-130°F
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 egg, room temperature
- ¾ cup mashed sweet potato
- 3 Tbsp butter, softened
- In the bowl of stand mixer affixed with the paddle attachment, combine 2½ cups flour, yeast, and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk, water, honey, and egg. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and beat until just combined. Add 2 more cups flour, mashed sweet potato, and butter. Switch out paddle attachment for dough hook and knead until dough is smooth and elastic. Dough should pull away from sides of bowl and be slightly sticky. If dough is too sticky, add up to an additional ½ cup flour.
- Transfer dough to a large bowl that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Cover and allow to rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Turn dough out onto floured surface and punch down. Divide dough into 18 equal pieces. Divide each piece into 3 equal pieces.
- Lightly spray muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray. Take each piece of dough and roll into a ball. Place 3 balls of dough in each cup of the muffin tin. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes or until almost doubled in size.
- While rolls are rising, preheat oven to 375°F. Bake rolls for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to a wire rack and serve warm.
- Recipe created by A Kitchen Addiction.