Raspberry Pecan Swirl Bread
This sweet raspberry pecan bread is sure to add an elegant touch to your table. So tender, it literally melts in your mouth!
Yield: 1 loaf
- 2¼ tsp (one packet) Red Star Platinum Yeast
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2+¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup raspberry jam (high quality)
- ¾ cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup warm water (110-115°F)
- Recipe created by Petit Foodie.
- In a medium bowl whisk yeast, warm water and sugar. Set aside until foamy. Once yeast has proofed, add 1 cup flour and salt. Mix with dough whisk or large spoon.
- Mix in remaining flour, ½ cup at a time. At this time you will probably need to use your hands.
- Knead dough on lightly floured counter top until ingredients come together to form a tight ball.
- Place dough into a lightly greased medium mixing bowl. Cover with a clean tea towel and let rise in a warm area for about 1 hour, or until it has doubled in size.
- Once doubled in size, punch down and place on a lightly floured surface.
- Roll dough out to about 10x20-inch rectangle.
- Carefully, spread jam on dough leaving about ½ inch around the edges. Top jam with pecans.
- Roll dough tightly, starting at the 10-inch side. Seal the edges down as you go.
- Using a sharp knife cut down the middle of your roll. Carefully, braid (twist) the two pieces of dough – this will be a little messy. Tightly seal the ends together.
- Gently place braided dough in a lightly greased loaf pan. Cover and let rise for 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9-inch loaf pan.
- Bake bread for 55 minutes, or until bread is golden brown.