Lemon Artichoke Pesto Chicken Flatbread
An easy-to-make flatbread topped with a flavorful lemon artichoke pesto, diced grilled chicken and smoky Gouda cheese then baked until it’s golden brown and gooey, cheesy delicious.
Yield: 2 flatbreads
- 2½ - 3 cups bread flour
- 2¼ tsp (1 package) RED STAR Platinum Yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup water, warmed to 120° to 130°F
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup cooked chicken, diced
- 2 cups shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
Artichoke Lemon Pesto
- 6.5-ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- pinch of salt and pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 1½ cups flour, yeast, and salt. Add warm water and oil to flour mixture. Blend at low speed until moistened; beat 1 minute at medium speed. Switch to the dough hook and gradually mix in remaining flour to make a smooth dough, add more or less flour as necessary. Knead for 5 minutes.
- Place dough in lightly oiled bowl and turn to grease top. Cover; let rise until dough doubles, about 45 minutes.
- While dough is rising, preheat oven to 450°F with a pizza stone on the center rack.
- Punch the dough down, and divide dough in to 2 pieces. Shape each piece into a ball. Let dough rest five minutes covered. Use your hands to flatten each piece of dough into a large oval shape about ¼ inch thick on a piece of parchment paper.
- Spread 3 tablespoons pesto on each oval. Top with chicken, Gouda and Parmesan cheeses.
- Bake each flatbread on the pizza stone until the bottom is golden brown and the cheese is melted and starting to brown about 10 minutes. Garnish with fresh parsley when you remove the flatbread from the oven.
- Artichoke Lemon Pesto: Pulse all ingredients in a small food processor until well blended.
- Recipe created by Barbara Bakes.