Gluten Free Paleo Sandwich Bread (Grain-Free)
Grain-free sandwich bread made with almond flour and tapioca flour – it’s the best thing since sliced bread!
Yield: 1 loaf
- 4½ tsp (two packages) RED STAR Active Dry Yeast
- 3 Tbsp coconut sugar
- ¾ cup warm water (110-115°F)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup grape seed or olive oil
- 1½ Tbsp cider vinegar
- 2¼ cups blanched almond flour
- 2¼ cups tapioca flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Add the yeast, coconut sugar, and warm water to a large mixing bowl and stir well. Allow mixture to sit 5 minutes to activate the yeast. Whisk the egg, olive oil, and cider vinegar into the yeast mixture.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the almond flour, tapioca flour and sea salt. Pour this dry mixture into the mixing bowl with the wet mixture and stir vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Cover bowl with a towel and put in a warm place (next to a window in the sunshine works great). Allow dough to sit 60 to 90 minutes, until it has doubled in size and is full of air bubbles.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly oil (or spray) a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Pour the dough mixture into the loaf pan. Note that the dough will be very sticky - this is normal. Bake in the oven for 45 to 55 minutes, or until bread is firm, golden-brown, and cooked through.
- Allow bread to cool in the loaf pan for at least 30 minutes before running a knife along the edges, turning it out onto a cutting board, and slicing it with a serrated knife.
- Use for toast and/or your favorite sandwiches!
- Recipe created by The Roasted Root.