Easy Cheesy Loaf
An easy no knead batter loaf that bakes with a pizza flavored cheese surprise filling.
Yield: 1 loaf
- 21/2 cups flour
- 4½ tsp Red Star Active Dry Yeast
- 2 TBSP sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- 1 TBSP sesame seeds
- ¼ cup butter or margarine, softened
- ½ tsp Italian herb seasoning
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup (4oz.) cheddar cheese, shredded
- Recipe featured at Rachel Cooks.
- In large mixer bowl, combine 1½ cups flour, yeast, sugar and salt; mix well. In saucepan, heat milk, water and butter until warm (120-130°F; butter does not need to melt). Add egg. Blend at low speed until moistened; beat 3 minutes at medium speed. By hand, gradually stir in remaining flour to make a stiff batter.
- Prepare FILLING: Combine all Filling ingredients; mix well.
- Sprinkle sesame seed in well-greased 12-cup Bundt® pan or 10-inch tubed cake pan. Spread half of batter in pan. Spoon Filling over batter. Spread remaining batter over Filling. (Batter will cover during baking.) Cover; let rise in warm place until double, about 1 hour. Bake at 350°F for 35 to 40 minutes until golden brown. Invert onto serving plate. Cool.
- You can substitute Instant (fast-rising) in place of Active Dry Yeast in batter/no knead recipes. When using Instant Yeast, expect your batter/dough to rise faster - about 50% faster. Adjust your rise times accordingly. Traditional methods: use equal amounts; Bread Machine: use ½ tsp Instant Yeast OR ¾ tsp Active Dry Yeast per cup of flour in your recipe. Visit our Lessons in Yeast & Baking for more information.