Cheesy Crust Pizza
This recipe makes Two 12-inch pizzas
- 1 cup Water
- 2+1/4 cup Bread Flour
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2+1/4 tsp Active Dry Yeast
- Recipe featured at Layers of Happiness.
- In medium mixing bowl, combine 1 cup flour, yeast, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper; mix well. Add water (120°-130°F) to flour mixture. Mix by hand until almost smooth. Gradually stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Knead on floured surface 2 to 3 minutes until dough is smooth and elastic. Cover dough; let rest 15 minutes.
Pizza Sauce and Toppings
- lb. pork sausage
- /4 cup chopped onion
- /2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- /2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- -ounce can tomato sauce
- -1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- cups (8 ounces) shredded Mozzarella cheese
- cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- /4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In large fry pan, lightly brown sausage; drain. Add onion, cumin and fennel seeds. Cook until onion is soft; set aside. Combine tomato sauce and Italian seasoning.
- Divide dough into 2 parts. With well-floured or greased fingers, press each half into greased 12-inch pizza pan, forming a rim around edge. Spread half of sauce over dough. Spoon half of sausage mixture evenly over sauce. Sprinkle cheeses on top. Bake in preheated 425°F oven for 20 to 25 minutes until edge is crisp and golden brown and cheeses are melted. Serve immediately.
- *You can substitute Instant (fast-rising) yeast in place of Active Dry Yeast. When using Instant Yeast, expect your dough to rise faster. Always let your dough rise until ripe. Traditional methods: use equal amounts; Bread Machine: use ½ tsp Instant Yeast OR ¾ tsp Active Dry Yeast per cup of flour in your recipe. Visit our Lessons in Yeast & Baking for more information.