Blackberry Lime Filled Cinnamon Twists
Tender, flaky cinnamon twists with a sweet blackberry lime filling!
Yield: 12 twists
For the Cinnamon Twists:
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2½ Tbsp sugar
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 package (2¼ tsp) RED STAR Platinum Yeast
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup milk, warmed to 120-130°F
For the Cinnamon Filling:
- 3 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1½ Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
For the Fruit Center:
- 1½ C blackberries, halved
- 1½ Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp fresh lime zest
- additional lime zest for garnish
- (1) In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together 2 cups flour, sugar, salt, and yeast. Add in egg, butter, and milk. Beat until just starting to combine. Add remaining cup flour.
- (2) Replace paddle attachment with dough hook and knead on medium speed for 5 minutes or until dough is smooth and starts to pull away from edges of bowl. Dough will be soft and somewhat sticky.
- (3) Transfer to a large bowl that has been greased. Roll dough around bowl to coat. Cover with a clean towel and allow to rise until doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
- (4) While dough is rising, prepare blackberry lime filling. Combine blackberries and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and allow to simmer for 20-30 minutes or until blackberries soften and mixture thickens. Remove from heat and stir in lime zest. Allow to cool.
- (5) Turn dough out onto floured surface and punch down. Roll out into an approximate 12×10 inch rectangle. Spread dough with softened butter. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- (6) Gently fold dough in half width wise. Cut dough into 12 strips. Twist each strip and shape each twist into a ring. Press dough down in the center to create a well for the filling.
- (7) Place twists on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a baking mat. Cover with a clean towel and allow to rise for 20 minutes or until puffed. You may need to press down the center of the twists again before filling with the blackberry mixture.
- (8) Preheat oven to 375°F while twists are rising.
- (9) Fill center of twists with blackberry mixture. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until twists just start to turn golden brown. Remove to a wire rack.
- (10) Sprinkle with additional lime zest and serve.
- Recipe created by A Kitchen Addiction.