Vintage Fruit Stuffed Pork Chops
A delicious variation for pork chops - a fruit and bread stuffing bakes atop.
- 4 pork chops (3/4- to 1-inch thick)
- shortening or oil (for frying pork)
- 3 cups soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 cup Vintage Fruit (drained)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons Vintage Fruit Syrup
In fry pan, brown pork chops in small amount of shortening; place in shallow baking dish.
Preheat oven to 325°F.
In medium bowl combine bread crumbs, onion, salt and poultry seasoning; mix lightly. Add drained Vintage Fruit, melted butter and Vintage Fruit syrup; mix lightly until thoroughly combined. Spoon onto each pork chops. Cover; bake until tender, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.