Tart 'N Creamy Vintage Fruit Pie
Add Fruit Sauce and ice cream to lemon gelatin for the creamy filling of this refreshing pie.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup Vintage Fruit Syrup
- 1 (3oz) package lemon-flavored gelatin
- 2 cups (1 pint) vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup Vintage Fruit (drained, use liquid for syrup above)
- 1 (9-inch) pastry or cracker crumb pie crust
In small saucepan, combine water and Vintage Fruit syrup; bring to a boil.
In medium mixing bowl, add syrup mixture to lemon gelatin; stir until dissolved. Gradually beat in ice cream with a wire whisk until smooth. Chill in refrigerator until thickened, about 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Fold in Vintage Fruit. Spoon filling into prepared crust. Cover; refrigerate until set, about 4 hours.