Slow Cooker No Knead Bread
Break out your slow cooker and make this easy no knead bread- filled with garlic, spinach and goat cheese crumbles.
Yield: 1 loaf
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1¾ tsp salt
- 1 tsp (one-half of a ¼oz package) RED STAR Platinum Yeast
- 1½ cups water (120-130°F)
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 cups spinach
- ½ cup goat cheese crumbles
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt and yeast. Add garlic, spinach and goat cheese crumbles. Gently stir just until evenly distributed in flour mixture. Add water and stir until a shaggy dough forms and all flour has been incorporated.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and allow to sit covered at warm room temperature for 1½ hours.
- Remove plastic wrap. Dump dough onto heavily floured large piece of parchment paper that will later be lifted to transfer the dough. Gently shape into a round using floured hands. Dough will
- be very sticky. Cover lightly with plastic wrap. Let it rest 30-45 minutes.
- While dough rests, heat the slow cooker on high. Transfer parchment paper and dough to slow cooker. Drape slow cooker with paper towels and place lid on slow cooker.
- Cook the bread on high for 2 hours. Remove bread and cool completely on a wire rack.(*see note)
- Recipe created by Food Babbles.
*If desired, for a darker, more crisp crust- continue baking bread in a 400°F oven until golden brown and crisp on top, abut 20 minutes.