Pickled Stone Fruit Pizza
Golden dough topped with creamy ricotta, pickled peaches and plums, pepper arugula and fresh burrata. A drizzle of balsamic reduction is the perfect finishing touch to this summer pizza recipe.
Yield: Two pizzas
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons whole black peppercorns
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 2 peaches, pitted and cut into 8 wedges
- 2 plums, pitted and cut into 8 wedges
- 1⅓ cups water, warm, 110-115°F
- 4½ teaspoons (two packages) RED STAR Platinum Yeast
- 3 cups flour, plus more for dusting
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 egg
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 pound mini burrata balls, quartered
- Olive oil
- Balsamic reduction
- Freshly cracked black peppercorns
- Flaky sea salt
- In a large saucepan, bring vinegar, sugar, spices, garlic, thyme and 1 cup water to a boil. Add fruit and stir a few times. Remove from heat and set aside. Let cool completely. Strain and discard liquid. Place in an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Combine water and yeast in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; let sit until foamy, about 5 minutes. Add flour, salt, and egg and mix until combined. Switch paddle
- attachment to a dough hook and knead until smooth, about 5 minutes. Place dough into a greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Set at warm room temperature until puffed and doubled in size, about 60-90 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F with a pizza stone inside for 30 minutes. Once oven and stone are well heated, deflate dough and split into two even balls. Stretch and roll one ball of dough out
- into a large, thin circle on a lightly floured surface.
- Brush dough with olive oil then spread 1 cup of ricotta cheese over dough. Top with half the peaches and half the plums. Bake in preheated oven on pizza stone for 15 minutes or until done. Remove from oven. Top with desired amount of arugula and half the burrata. Drizzle with olive oil, balsamic reduction and sprinkle with freshly cracked black peppercorns and sea salt.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients for second pizza.
- Recipe created by Food Babbles.