- ¾ cup Water
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2+1/4 tsp Active Dry Yeast
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 2 cups Bread Flour
- ¼ cup Water
- 3 TBSP Tomato paste
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 1 Green pepper, cored, seeded and thinly sliced
- ¾ cup Ham, thinly sliced and chopped
- ½ cup Sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Grease a 12" pizza pan; set aside.
- In large bowl, combine water (110-115°F), sugar, salt, yeast and oil. Stir in 1 cup flour and beat until smooth.
- Add the remaining flour and mix to form a ball. Let dough rest for 15 minutes.
- Using fingers, spread dough out evenly over pan, pressing smooth and leaving a ridge of dough around pan edges.
- In small bowl, combine water, tomato paste, and oregano; spread over crust.
- Arrange green pepper, ham and mushrooms over top; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake on bottom rack in 400°F oven for 20 minutes or until crust is crisp. (For thicker crust, let pizza rest uncovered for 15-20 minutes before baking.)
- *You can substitute Instant (fast-rising) in place of Active Dry Yeast in your recipes. When using Instant Yeast, expect your dough to rise faster. Always let your dough rise until ripe. Use equal amounts when baking using traditional methods. When using the Bread Machine, use ½ tsp Instant Yeast OR ¾ tsp Active Dry Yeast per cup of flour in your recipe. Visit our Lessons in Yeast & Baking for more information on baking.