This recipe makes 1 pie
Pan Pizza Perfecto Pizza Dough
- ¾ cup Water
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2+1/4 tsp Active Dry Yeast
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 2 cups Bread Flour
LASAGNE PIE FILLING
- 2 TBSP Oil
- 1 lb. Ground beef
- 1 small Onion, chopped
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 5+1/2 oz. Tomato paste
- 5+1/2 oz. Water
- ½ tsp Sweet basil
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Sugar
- ¼ lb. Fresh mushrooms
- ½ Green pepper, sliced
- 2 cups Grated mozzarella cheese
- Pan Pizza Perfecto Pizza Dough
- In large bowl, combine water (110-115°F), sugar, salt, Yeast and oil. Stir in 1 cup flour and beat until smooth.
- Add the remaining flour and mix to form a ball. Let dough rest for 15 minutes. While dough is resting, make the Lasagne Pie filling below.
- Lasagne Pie Filling
- In a large skillet add 1 TBSP oil and over medium high heat brown the ground beef, add the onion and garlic and cook until tender. Drain off any fat.
- Mix in the tomato paste, water, basil, salt and sugar. Cook for about 5 minutes at a low simmer.
- Thinly slice mushrooms and green pepper, grate cheese and set aside.
- Place dough on an oiled 13-inch pizza pan or cookie sheet. Add 1 TBSP oil in middle of dough, press dough out with fingers to fill pan.
- Place half the ground beef mixture on dough, then half the cheese, mushrooms, and green pepper. Repeat with a second layer. Let sit for 15-20 minutes uncovered.
- Bake in a preheated 400°F oven for 20 minutes. Cut into wedges to serve.
- *You can substitute Instant (fast-rising) yeast in place of Active Dry Yeast. When using Instant Yeast, expect your dough to rise faster. Always let your dough rise until ripe. Traditional methods: use equal amounts; Bread Machine: use ½ tsp Instant Yeast OR ¾ tsp Active Dry Yeast per cup of flour in your recipe. Visit our Lessons in Yeast & Baking for more information.