Gluten Free - Potato Bread with Ricotta Cheese
THIS RECIPE MAKES 1 LOAF
- 1+1/4 cup Water
- 3 Eggs, large, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp Cider Vinegar
- 3 TBSP Canola Oil
- ¾ cup Ricotta Cheese
- 2 cup Brown or White Rice Flour
- ½ cup Tapioca Flour
- 1+1/2 tsp Salt
- ¼ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Potato Starch
- ½ cup Cornstarch
- 1 TBSP Xanthan Gum
- 1 TBSP Egg Replacer, optional
- ½ cup Non-fat Dry Milk
- ½ cup, do not pack Instant Potato Flakes
- 2+1/4 tsp Active Dry Yeast
BREAD MACHINE METHOD
- Combine wet ingredients; pour carefully into baking pan. Measure dry ingredients; mix well to blend. Add to baking pan. Carefully set pan in bread maker. Select NORMAL/WHITE cycle, or GLUTEN FREE CYCLE (if machine has one); start machine. After mixing action begins, help any unmixed ingredients into the dough with a rubber spatula, keeping to edges and top of batter to prevent interference with the paddle. Remove pan from the machine when bake cycle is complete. Invert pan and shake gently to remove bread. Cool upright on a rack before slicing.
- Yeast may be used cold. All other ingredients should be at room temperature (70º - 80ºF). Combine the liquid ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk together before adding to bread pan. All dry ingredients, including the Active Dry Yeast, should be thoroughly blended together before adding on top of the wet ingredients. Mixing them together in a bowl with a wire whisk or shaking them together in a gallon size, self-locking bag is suggested. Gluten-free flours are very fine and need to be well blended. Using a mixer, beat ingredients about 10 minutes. Check appearance of dough. Pour batter into greased bread pan. Allow batter to rise approximately 1 hour. Bake at 375ºF for 45 to 60 minutes; use a toothpick to test for doneness.
- NOTE: You can substitute Instant (Quick Rise) in place of Active Dry Yeast in gluten free recipes. When using Instant Yeast, expect your batter/dough to rise faster - about 50% faster. Adjust your rise times accordingly. Traditional methods: substitute equal amounts; Bread Machine: use ½ tsp Instant Yeast OR ¾ tsp Active Dry Yeast per cup of flour in your recipe. Visit Gluten Free tips and Lessons in Yeast & Baking for more information.