Gluten Free - Fine Dinner Rolls (also Milk-free)
THIS RECIPE MAKES 12-18 MEDIUM-SIZED DINNER ROLLS
- 1+1/4 cup Water
- 3 Eggs
- 3 TBSP Vegetable Oil
- 3 TBSP Honey
- 1+1/2 cup Garfava Bean Flour
- ⅓ cup Rice Flour
- ⅔ cup Tapioca Flour
- ½ cup Cornstarch
- 1 TBSP Xanthan Gum
- 1+1/2 tsp Salt
- 2+1/4 tsp Active Dry Yeast
BREAD MACHINE METHOD
- Have all ingredients at room temperature. Combine water, eggs, oil and honey; pour into baking pan. Thoroughly blend dry ingredients (including yeast). Do this either in a bowl with a wire whisk or shake together in a gallon size, self-sealing plastic bag. Add to liquid ingredients in the baking pan.
- Select the DOUGH cycle, but stop the machine as soon as the mixing is done; do not allow dough to rise in the machine. Pour batter into greased muffin cups. Cover, let dough rise approximately 30 minutes. Bake at 375ºF for 15 minutes, until tops are golden brown. Remove from cups after 10 minutes.
- Heat water to 110º to 115ºF and pour into mixing bowl. Add yeast and allow to hydrate for 5 minutes. Add eggs, oil and honey to water and yeast. Thoroughly blend dry ingredients (except yeast). Do this either in a bowl with a wire whisk or shake together in a gallon size, self-sealing plastic bag. With the mixer on a low speed, gradually add to liquid ingredients until all dry ingredients are well blended. Beat on medium speed about 5 minutes.
- Spoon batter into greased bread muffin cups; allow to rise approximately 30 minutes. Bake at 375ºF for 15 minutes; until tops are golden brown.
- NOTE: You can substitute Instant (Quick Rise) in place of Active Dry Yeast in gluten free recipes. When using Instant Yeast, expect your batter/dough to rise faster - about 50% faster. Adjust your rise times accordingly. Traditional methods: substitute equal amounts; Bread Machine: use ½ tsp Instant Yeast OR ¾ tsp Active Dry Yeast per cup of flour in your recipe. Visit Gluten Free tips and Lessons in Yeast & Baking for more information.