Gluten Free - Everyday Sandwich Bread (also Milk-free)
THIS RECIPE MAKES 1 LOAF
- 1+1/2 cup Water
- 3 Eggs
- 3 TBSP Vegetable Oil
- 3 TBSP Honey
- 1 cup White Bean Flour
- 1 cup Brown Rice Flour
- ¾ cup Potato Starch
- ½ cup Tapioca Flour
- ¼ cup Soy Flour
- 1 TBSP Xanthan Gum
- 1+1/2 tsp Salt
- 2+1/4 Active Dry Yeast
BREAD MACHINE METHOD
- Have all ingredients at room temperature. Combine water, eggs, oil and honey; pour into baking pan. Thoroughly blend dry ingredients (including yeast). Do this either in a bowl with a wire whisk or shake together in a gallon size, self-sealing plastic bag. Add to liquid ingredients in the baking pan.
- Select a BASIC cycle; start machine. For bread machines with a BAKE ONLY cycle, select the DOUGH cycle for mixing and rising. Press STOP when the cycle is complete; select the BAKE ONLY cycle to complete the bread. After the mixing action begins, help any unmixed ingredients into the dough with a rubber spatula, keeping to edges and top of batter to prevent interference with the kneading blade.
- When the bake cycle is complete, remove the pan from the machine. Allow the bread to remain in the pan for approximately 10 minutes, then invert pan and shake gently to remove the bread. Cook upright on a rack before slicing.
- Heat water to 110º to 115ºF and pour into mixing bowl. Add yeast and allow to hydrate for 5 minutes. Add eggs, oil and honey to water and yeast. Thoroughly blend dry ingredients (except yeast). Do this either in a bowl with a wire whisk or shake together in a gallon size, self-sealing plastic bag. With the mixer on a low speed, gradually add to liquid ingredients until all dry ingredients are well blended. Beat on medium speed about 5 minutes.
- Spoon batter into one 9 x 5-inch greased bread pan or two 8½ x 4½ -inch greased bread pans; allow to rise approximately 1 hour. Bake at 350ºF for 45 to 50 minutes; use a toothpick to test for doneness.
- NOTE: You can substitute Instant (Quick Rise) in place of Active Dry Yeast in gluten free recipes. When using Instant Yeast, expect your batter/dough to rise faster - about 50% faster. Adjust your rise times accordingly. Traditional methods: substitute equal amounts; Bread Machine: use ½ tsp Instant Yeast OR ¾ tsp Active Dry Yeast per cup of flour in your recipe. Visit Gluten Free tips and Lessons in Yeast & Baking for more information.