Batterway Dill Rolls
Serve these rolls warm to share the tantalizing aroma of dill and onion.
Yield: 24 medium rolls
- 2½ cup bread flour
- 2 TBSP sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 TBSP instant minced onion
- 2 tsp dill seeds
- 2 TBSP butter
- 1 cup cottage cheese, drained
- ½ cup water
- 4½ tsp Red Star Active Dry Yeast
- 1 Egg
- Butter, soft
- Coarse salt
- This recipe is featured at Café Terra.
- Have water and cottage cheese at 110°-115°F and all other ingredients at room temperature.
- Measure the first 7 ingredients into a bowl. Blend with fork or pastry blender. Set aside. Measure the water into a mixing bowl; add the yeast. Let stand 3 to 5 minutes; stir. Add the egg. Pour yeast mixture into the flour-mixture. Beat until thoroughly blended. Cover. Let rise in warm place until doubled...about 45 minutes. Meanwhile, grease 24 2-inch muffin cups.
- Beat down raised batter in about 25 strokes. This is a thick, somewhat sticky batter. Spoon into muffin cups, filling ½ full. Tap pans on table to settle the batter. Let rise until batter reaches tops of cups...20 to 30 minutes. Bake 15 to 20 minutes in preheated 350°F oven. Remove from pans and cool on rack. Brush with soft butter and sprinkle with coarse salt.
- You can substitute Instant (fast-rising) in place of Active Dry Yeast in batter/no knead recipes. When using Instant Yeast, expect your batter/dough to rise faster - about 50% faster. Adjust your rise times accordingly. Traditional methods: use equal amounts; Bread Machine: use ½ tsp Instant Yeast OR ¾ tsp Active Dry Yeast per cup of flour in your recipe. Visit our Lessons in Yeast & Baking for more information.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 80 Total Fat: 1.5g Saturated fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 12g Sugar: 2g Sodium: 85mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 3g Cholesterol: 10mg