Batterway Dill Rolls
Serve these rolls warm to share the tantalizing aroma of dill and onion.
Yield: 18 rolls
- 2½ cup all-purpose flour
- 4½ tsp (two packages) RED STAR Active Dry Yeast
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp instant minced onion
- 2 tsp dill seeds
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese, drained
- ½ cup water
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 egg
- Butter, soft
- Coarse salt
- In large mixer bowl, combine 1¼ cups flour, yeast, sugar, onion, dill seed and salt; mix well and set aside. In a saucepan or microwave-safe bowl, heat cottage cheese, water and butter to 120-130°F (butter does not need to melt). Add to flour mixture. Add egg. Blend at low speed until moistened; beat 3 minutes at medium speed. By hand, gradually stir in remaining flour to make a stiff batter. Cover; let rise in warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Stir down batter. Spoon into greased muffin pan cups, filling ½ full. Tap pans on table to settle the batter. Cover; let rise until double, about 20 to 30 minutes. Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from pans. Brush with soft butter and sprinkle with coarse salt. Cool on rack.
- You can substitute Instant (fast-rising) Yeast in place of Active Dry Yeast in batter/no knead recipes. When using Instant Yeast, expect your batter/dough to rise faster - about 50% faster. Adjust your rise times accordingly. Visit our Lessons in Yeast & Baking for more information.
- This recipe is featured at Café Terra.