Almond Yeast Cake
A tasty marriage of yellow cake, bundt cake, almonds and yeast, this light and delightful dessert is a fun twist on a classic bundt.
Yield: One 10-inch Bundt cake
- 1 pkg (2-layer size) yellow cake mix
- 2¼ tsp RED STAR Active Dry Yeast
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup butter or margarine, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup (3 oz.) ground almonds
- Generously grease and lightly flour a 10-inch Bundt pan; set aside. In large mixer bowl, combine cake mix, yeast, water (120-130°F), butter, eggs and almond extract. Blend and beat as directed on package. Add ground almonds; mix well. Pour into prepared pan. Cover and let rise in warm place for 30 minutes. Bake at 350°F for 45 to 50 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; invert to remove from pan. Serve warm or cold. If desired, sprinkle with powdered sugar or garnish with your favorite fruit.
- You can substitute Instant (fast-rising) in place of Active Dry Yeast in batter/no knead recipes. When using Instant Yeast, expect your batter/dough to rise faster - about 50% faster. Adjust your rise times accordingly. Traditional methods: use equal amounts; Bread Machine: use ½ tsp Instant Yeast OR ¾ tsp Active Dry Yeast per cup of flour in your recipe. Visit our Lessons in Yeast & Baking for more information.
- Recipe featured at Bran Appetit.
If ground almonds are unavailable, grind a 3-oz. package whole almonds in a blender.