Almond Streusel Coffeecake
A delicious coffeecake with the streusel topping reveled throughout.
Yield: One 13x9-inch coffeecake
- 3 cups bread flour
- 4½ tsp Red Star Active Dry Yeast
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup chopped slivered almonds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup butter or margarine, melted
- This recipe is featured at Miss In The Kitchen.
- In large mixer bowl, combine 1½ cups flour, yeast, sugar and salt; mix well. In saucepan heat water, milk and butter to 120-130°F (butter does not need to melt); add to flour mixture. Add eggs. Blend at low speed until moistened; beat 3 minutes at medium speed. By hand, gradually stir in remaining flour to make a stiff batter. Spread in a greased 13x9-inch pan. Prepare Topping: Combine all ingredients; mix well.; sprinkle topping over dough. With back of teaspoon, make random indentations in dough. Cover; let rise in warm place until light and doubled, about 45 minutes. Bake at 375°F for 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown. Serve warm or cold.
- You can substitute Instant (fast-rising) in place of Active Dry Yeast in batter/no knead recipes. When using Instant Yeast, expect your batter/dough to rise faster - about 50% faster. Adjust your rise times accordingly. Traditional methods: use equal amounts; Bread Machine: use ½ tsp Instant Yeast OR ¾ tsp Active Dry Yeast per cup of flour in your recipe. Visit our Lessons in Yeast & Baking for more information.