This quick rise dough is ready so fast you must prepare your toppings first.
Yield: Two 12-inch pizzas
- 2½ cups bread flour
- 1 packet (2¼ tsp or 7 grams) Red Star Instant Yeast (Platinum or Quick Rise)
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 TBSP vegetable oil
- Recipe featured at Barbara Bakes.
- In medium mixer bowl, combine 1 cup flour, yeast, and salt; mix well. Combine water and oil; heat to 120° to 130°F; add to flour mixture. Blend at low speed until moistened; beat 3 minutes at medium speed. By hand, gradually stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Knead on floured surface 3 to 5 minutes. Shape the dough into a ball, cover, and allow it to rest for 15 minutes.
- Divide dough into 2 equal parts. With well-floured or greased fingers, press each half into greased 12- or 14-inch pizza pans. Sprinkle ¼ cup of your favorite shredded cheese over dough to prevent a soggy crust. Spread prepared pizza sauce on each pizza (approximately ¾ cup of sauce per pizza). Add your favorite toppings---mushrooms, onions, olives, green peppers, pepperoni, cooked Italian sausage, anchovies, etc. Cover with shredded cheese of your choice- Mozzarella, Parmesan and Asiago. Bake at 400°F for 25 to 30 minutes until edge is crisp and light golden brown and cheeses are melted. Serve immediately.
- You can also substitute Red Star Active Dry Yeast on an equal basis for the instant yeast. Expect about a 50% slower rise time.